Compare Car Rental Prices Worldwide
Car Hire Moldova
Moldova is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe, and a few years ago was dubbed the unhappiest place to live in Europe, but that has soon changed and according to a recent UN survey. It is now the 55th happiest place to live in Europe! So, you will want an uncomplicated way to get around. The roads are well made and maintained, so you can use your Moldova car hire to see the stunning landscape and scenery, Moldova rent a car is a handy way to get around.
There are places of interest for the visitor to see in Moldova. Car hire Moldova lets you take in the culture and history that the country has to offer. From the capital Chisinau to Soroca which is known as the known as the Romani (Gypsy) capital of Moldova. Rental car Moldova is a popular and convenient method for you to see the sites, you will need to book well in advance to get the dates and the type of car you desire.
A desire to explore the country you are visiting is really important so rent a car Moldova lets you take it easy along the roads of the country and also get from place to place in comfort and style. There are many options for car hire Moldova that you will want to decide early and get the most from your trip. It is easy to make a booking and the cars are modern and well-maintained, so don’t worry about your Moldova rental car experience – it will be just like driving your own car!
Moldova is located in Eastern Europe and is a landlocked country surrounded by Romania and the Ukraine, also there is the breakaway republic of Transnistria, where ideals of the old the Soviet Union still reign supreme. Its biggest attraction is the capital city itself. But first visit places such as –
- Milestii Mici – underground roadway of wine cellars
- Bendrey Fortress
- Topova Cave Monastery
There are other cities and sights, as we will see later in this guide.
The country is home to approximately 2.9 million people, the official language spoken is Romanian. It covers a total land area of 33,846 square kilometres.
The summer months are June to August. The weather in the country is temperate, with four distinct seasons.
The nations sporting obsession is Trînta, a form of wrestling. Rugby and football are also popular in Moldova.
Popular Cities in Moldova
The capital of the Moldova is Chişinău and this is the largest city in Moldova. With rent a car Chişinău you will gain the freedom to explore this city. Its origins date back six centuries to 1420, much of Chişinău was levelled in WWII and a tragic earthquake that struck in 1940. Get your Chişinău car hire and get ready to dive into the city’s history and modern-day life!
Bendery also known as Bender and previously known as Tighina, lies on the bank of the Dniestr River. It is the fourth largest city in Moldova. With car hire Bendery you can explore river and the surrounding countryside. With rent a car Bendery you will be able to see the civil-war scared buildings that occurred with Moldova in 1992.
Tiraspol is the capital’ of Transdniestr and is the second largest city in Moldova. With rent a car Tiraspol you will be able to experience the city that has stood still since is Soviet times. So, make most of it with Tiraspol rental car and go explore the town and the surrounding areas.
Sorocai is Moldova’s eighth largest city and is situated on the banks of the river Dniestr. For many use Sorocai as a stopover or base to explore further afield. Rental car Sorocai is the best way to explore this quaint town. So, with your car hire Sorocai you will be able to visit the city’s biggest draw the Soroca Fortress.
Cahul is found in the southern part of the country and borders Romania and is the countries seventh largest city. Get your Cahul rental car booked early and with rent a car Cahul will help you explore the town and surrounding villages and the many festivals the city has to offer.
Balti is Moldova’s second largest city in the northern part of the country. With rent a car Balti you will be able to explore the town and its heritage. Rental car Balti it will give you the freedom to visit the Saint Nicolas Orthodox Church, along with the surrounding countryside.
Comrat is the capital of the autonomous region of Gagauzia. With car hire Cormat you will be able to visit on of the towns many bars and cafes or the oldest wineries in Cormat. With rental car Cormat you will be able to explore the countryside and visit the Cathedral of Saint John Baptist, which was built in 1820.
Orhei is located in the central part of Moldova and lies on the banks of the Raut River. Rental car Orhei is the best way to explore Moldova’s oldest city, founded in 1437. You will be able to explore The Orheiul Vechi Monastery. So, with your car hire Orhei you will be immerse yourself in the town’s history and nearby scenery.
Rîbnita can be found in the northern half of Transnistria, on the left bank of the Dniester, and is Moldova’s fifth largest city. With car hire Rîbnita you can visit the many bars and cafes and take in the sites. With rent a car Rîbnita you can visit the architectural monuments in the town and its surrounding areas.
Ungheni is a Moldova’s seventh largest city and lies on the banks of the Prut River So with rent a car Ungheni you will be able to explore what the sites and surrounding areas. So, make most of it with Ungheni rental car and use Ungheni as a base to explore and it is a checkpoint border with Romania.
Ceadîr-Lunga is a city and municipality in Gagauzia part of Moldova. With car hire Ceadîr-Lunga you can explore the town at your own pace. With rental car Ceadîr-Lunga you can use the city as a base to explore the rest of Moldova.
As with any new experience, you will need to know what you are letting yourself in for. Check all the rules of the road before you leave for the Moldova to ensure you stay safe, do not draw attention to your hire car and making sure that nothing is left in the vehicle when it is un-occupied. Here are some of the more important ones –
- The driver is responsible to make sure all occupants of the car wear seat belts at all times.
- The legal limit for alcohol in the blood whilst driving is 30mg per 100ml of blood. If you are above 80mg heavy fines will be imposed and the loss of driving licence for up to 5 years.
- You must carry an international drivers licence with you at all times while on the road in You will need a permit that allows you to drive in Moldova for up to 30 days.
- The law insists that every occupant of a moving vehicle must wear a seat belt or appropriate restraint system for their age and height.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to ride in the front seat. Those under seven must be secured in an age, height and weight appropriate seating system.
- They drive on the right-hand side of the road and overtake on left.
- The use of a mobile phone while driving is prohibited, unless using a hands-free kit.
- It is compulsory to have a warning triangle, first-aid kit, fire extinguisher, a flickering lamp and reflective vest to wear in the event of a breakdown or accident.
- Mini age to drive in Moldova is 18 years, to hire a car its 23-25 years.
- Dipped headlights must be used during daylight hours from 01 November to 31 March.
- The Moldovan police ar authorised to issue on the spot fines for motoring offences.
- Winter tyres are compulsory between the dates of 01 December to 01 March.
- If you’re in an accident, you MUST notify the Police and the car rental supplier and get an accident report for insurance purposes. Failure to do so may result in you footing the whole bill.
- If you break down, you must put on your reflective jacket and place the reflective triangle behind the vehicle to warn other drivers. You must notify the rental car company and suppliers for advice and assistance.
- Speed limit on the motorway is 110 kph
- Speed limit on rural roads is 80 kph
- Speed limit in built up areas is 50 kph
Make sure you know what to do when driving in Moldova and be safe and stay on the right side of the law.
Airports in Moldova
As a country with links to the rest of the world, there are several airports to choose form when visiting Moldova. Here are the main ones that you might come across –
- Bălți International Airport
- Cahul International Airport
- Chadyr Lunga Airport
- Chișinău International Airport
- Soroca Airport
The best way to get the most from your car hire Moldova is to book from the airport so you know you have the transport you need. Do this in advance to get the best prices available.
When driving on the roads of the Moldova you want to be safe. You should research the rules of the road, as said before, but also have the following numbers programmed in your phone on case of emergency. For the police, ambulance and fire brigade the number is 902/903.
Whatever reason you have to visit the country, your Moldova car hire is the top bet to see it all at your own pace. Book nice and early and get the best rental car Moldova for your needs. It is quite a simple process, so get stuck into it now!