Compare Car Rental Prices Worldwide
Car Hire Jersey
Jersey is the biggest of the Channel Islands, measuring just 9 miles by 5 miles with booking rent a car Jersey a must for your trip you will be able to explore the beautiful coast line and stunning views. There is so much to experience in Jersey that you will want an uncomplicated way to get around. The roads are well made and maintained, so you can use your Jersey car hire to see the stunning landscape, Jersey rent a car is a handy way to get around.
There are places of interest for the traveller to see in Jersey. Car hire Jersey lets you take in the culture and history that the island has to offer. From the capital St Helier, or surfing in St Ouen’s Bay. Jersey is a beautiful country for the traveller to explore. Rental car Jersey is popular and convenient method, you will need to book well in advance to get the dates and the type of car you desire.
A desire to explore the country you are visiting is really important so rent a car Jersey lets you take it easy along the roads of the country and also get from place to place in comfort and style. There are many options for car hire Jersey that you will want to decide early and get the most from your trip. It is easy to make a booking and the cars are modern and well-maintained, so don’t worry about your Jersey rental car experience – it will be just like driving your own car!
Jersey is just off the coast of Normandy, France, and one hour’s flight time from the United Kingdom. It’s a popular tourist attraction for those who wish to visit the Channel Islands beautiful coastline and scenery and to the WWII fortifications along the north and east coasts. The island is split in 12 parishes, all stunning in their own right. The most popular draw is its golden sandy beaches. But first visit places such as –
- Portelet Beach
- Elizabeth Castle
- Jersey War Tunnels
There are other cities and sights, as we will see later in this guide.
The country is home to approximately 100 thousand people, the official language spoken is English. Jersey is a part of the Channel Islands and lies just of the coast of France covering a total land area of 45.6 square miles.
The summer months are June to August. The weather in the country is temperate, with four distinct seasons.
The Islanders have no national sport, many enjoy golf, football and of course suffering at St Ouen’s Bay!
Popular Cities in Jersey
The capital of the Jersey is Saint Helier and is named after Helerius the hermit who once lived where Elizabeth Castle now stands. With rent a car St Helier it will give you the freedom to explore town and beaches and make it your base and get your St Helier car hire and get ready for an adventure!
St John is one of the 12 parishes of Jersey and is located on the north coast of the island, and with car hire St John you can explore the town and gaze upon some of the best views in Jersey at Mont Mado. With hire car St John you can explore the village and surrounding countryside at your own pace.
St Aubin is a small fishing village along the coast of Jersey. With rent a car St Aubin you will be able to visit its biggest attraction, Elizabeth Castle that was built in the 17th century, it is located on a small tidal island in St Aubin. So, make most of it with St Aubin rental car and go explore the island.
Gorey is a picturesque town that is overlooked by the medieval battlements Mont Orgueil castle. Rental car Gorey is the best way to explore this quaint town. So, with your car hire Gorey you will be able to visit and explore the history that the island has to offer.
St Peter is located on the west part of the island and is the only parish that has two separate coastlines, stretching from St. Ouen’s Bay in the west to St. Aubin’s Bay in the south. Get your St Peter rental car booked early and rent a car St Peter will help you explore the town and surrounding villages.
Saint Saviour is a small village located on the island of Jersey. With rent a car Saint Saviour you will be able to explore the town and the islands heritage. Rental car Saint Saviour will give you the freedom to visit the small coastline of Le Dicq.
Sr Martin claim to fame is its beautiful coastline. With car hire St Martin you will be able to visit one of the towns many bars and cafes. With hire car St Martin you will be able to explore the countryside and visit one of its folklore attractions, the rock Le Saut Geffroy, or Geoffroy’s Leap.
St Ouen is located north west coast of the island. Rental car St Ouen is the best way to explore this picturesque town. The views from the cliffs at Plémont are worth the journey. So, with your car hire St Ouen you will be explore the town and its surroundings at your own pace.
Trinity is located on the northeast coastline of the island. With car hire Trinity you can visit one of the islands biggest attractions Jersey Zoo. With rental car Trinity you can use Trinity as your base while you explore what Jersey has to offer.
Grouville is located on the southeast part of the island. It is dominated by the Royal Bay of Grouville. With rent a car Grouville you will be able to drive along the coast at ease. So, make most of it with Grouville rental car and visit town and its surroundings.
As with any new experience, you will need to know what you are letting yourself in for. Check all the rules of the road before you leave for the Jersey to ensure you stay safe, do not draw attention to your hire car and making sure that nothing is left in the vehicle when it is unoccupied. Here are some of the more important ones –
- The driver is responsible to make sure all occupants of the car wear seat belts at all times.
- The maximum permitted level of alcohol in the blood in Jersey is the same as in England and Wales is 80mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. First time offenders can face a fine of up to £5,000 and/or 6 months’ imprisonment and 12 months suspension. Don’t drink and drive.
- You must carry an international drivers licence with you at all times while on the road in Isle of Man.
- The law insists that every occupant of a moving vehicle must wear a seat belt or appropriate restraint system for their age and height.
- Children aged 3 to 12 and shorter than 135cms must use the appropriate child restraint. Children aged 14 years and under must sit in the rear of the vehicle and wear a seatbelt. Non-compliance may result in a fine of between £30 and £500.
- They drive on the left-hand side of the road and overtake on right.
- The use of a mobile phone while driving is prohibited, unless using a hands-free kit.
- Although it’s not a legal requirement in the Channel Islands, it is advisable to carry a warning triangle, first-aid kit, fire extinguisher, and reflective vest to wear in the event of a breakdown or accident.
- Jersey operates a “PayCard” system, which generally need to be used Monday – Saturday 08.00hrs – 17.00hrs (inclusive) however in some locations times can vary so check signs accordingly. They can be bought from any shop or garage that displays the parking card symbol.
- A single yellow line indicates prohibited parking and parking there will incur a fine.
- Green Lanes are a 50-mile network of roads on Jersey with a 15 mph speed limit. Walkers, cyclists, and horse riders have priority on these roads.
- Jersey’s traffic lights change from red to green with no amber in between.
- Sidelights must be used between sunset and sunrise and headlights at night on roads without street lighting and on roads where street lights are more than 185m apart.
- If you’re in an accident, you MUST notify the Police and the car rental supplier and get an accident report for insurance purposes. Failure to do so may result in you footing the whole bill.
- If you breakdown you must put on your reflective jacket and place the reflective triangle behind the vehicle to warn other drivers. You must notify the rental car company and suppliers for advice and assistance.
- Speed limit on open roads is – 56/64 kph / 35/40 mph.
- Speed limit in built up areas is – 32/40/48 kph / 20/25/30 mph.
- Speed limit on green lanes is – 24 kph / 15 mph
Make sure you know what to do when driving in Jersey and be safe and stay on the right side of the law.
Airports in Jersey
There is only one airport that serves the country
- Jersey Airport
The best way to get the most from your car hire Jersey Is to book from the airport so you know you have the transport you need. Do this in advance to get the best prices available.
When driving on the roads of the Jersey you want to be safe. You should research the rules of the road, as said before, but also have the following numbers programmed in your phone on case of emergency. For the police, ambulance and fire brigade is 999/112.